Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc 02 115 4-stroke EFI Shuttering?

Hi all,
    I have a 02 Merc 115 4-stroke efi that shutters and has a loss of power when I try to get on plane. After about five minutes or so of running it, it seems to fix itself. It will then run fine untill I turn it off. If I start it again it will do it for maybe 30 sec then it will fix itself. I tested the compression and spark and all ok. I have changed the thermostat since it was stuck open. I tested the thermo-sensor and its ok. I have hooked it up to a portable tank with fresh fuel and no change. I took apart the VST and cleaned it. It was clean anyway. No change. I cleaned the injectors with merc Power Tune, no change. I keep thinking its a sensor since it fixes itself, but I have pulled all I can and everything seems ok. Anyone have any ideas where to go from here?
    Thanks,
    Mike

I have troubles with forum

I'm trying to open forum but sometimes there are no images on it

Comment

Need to check it with computer diagnostic to see if it shows any problems. May be the idle control valve.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Mercury Outboard Parts
      MerCruiser Parts
      Force Outboard Parts
      Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

It was checked last year and no faults. Can I test the Idle Control Valve? I took it out but didnt know how to test it. It looked clean so I left it.
        Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

Anyone know what voltage the Idle control valve needs to work at?

Comment

Does anyone know If I can start the motor with the
            control valve out to see if it moves in and out?
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X