2002 60HP EFI non big foot Voltage Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 60HP EFI non big foot Voltage Regulator

I went to the Mercury dealer to ge a fix on a continuous fault alarm Guardian (2200 RPM limit) on the engine. The motor only ran for a few yards this spring (alarm was not there last fall and now is has started on the first run). He realized that the voltage regulator was burning hot. He replaced it with an exact similar one. However, I just read that there is a service bulletin that affects my serial number 60HP EFI 2002. The service bulletin authorizes claims until end of 2008. I never received notice of the service bulletin and we are in June 2010. Is there something I can do to avoid paying ? I am going to warn the Mercury dealer about the Serv Bulletin tomorrow as he installed an exact replica of the voltage regulator from his warehouse. Since the Guardian Fault continues to be heard meaning that this was not the root cause of the Guardian fault, Is it possible that the bad Volt Regul. that burnt may have affected other electronic components ?

Might call Mercury on bulletin issue to see if they can help. The dealer should be able to check for fault codes to see what is activating alarm.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X