tlit trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tlit trim problem

i have a 1992 lowe with a 75 hp merc. when i was on the water the upper pin in the cyl. came out part of the way and locked up the cyl. i did not find this out until back on the trailer. now i can raise the tilt all the way up and when i let it down the pump squeals and the motor goes down slow and stops before it gets all the way down. then i have to open the manual relase to get it the rest of the way down. also it goes up just fine but if i let it down at all it wont go up again until i open the manual release and close it again. anyone have any ideas. i am a maintence man by trade i am sure i can take it apart and put it back together but i am not sure what to look for.
    Last edited by flatlandhillbilly; 05-25-2010, 05:53 PM. Reason: misspellings

Must be an internal valve stuck open or not seating properly inside hydraulic unit.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

i took the valve body off and found the rocker had been bent and broken at one time. someone had tried "brazing" it back together. i ground off the weld and tigged it re-installed it and works like new. i will order a new one and replpace it asap but this get me back on the water!!!

thanks for your help!! i am new to this site and outboards.
      its great site with all the info i needed so far and the parts list and diagrams are great too!!

Comment

Working...
      X