25XD WMC11 carb holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25XD WMC11 carb holes

Hi, I'm new. Trying to rebuild WMC11 carburetor on my 25XD, with very limited experience, so will probably have a lot of questions. Boat was stored with fuel in carb, started with difficulty and ran roughly, which got worse quickly until it would only run at all with full choke. I removed it from the boat today, and am wondering about 3 holes in the body, one particularly, which are hopefully shown in attached photos. For each photo I put a toothpick in a hole to identify it. Photo 1620 is the main concern because fuel comes out of that hole when I move the carb around. Is that normal? (The other two holes don't leak fuel, and toothpick can only be inserted in those a few millimeters before it hits something.)

Question 2: do I need a manual to do this? 2.1: does the rebuild kit come with any instructions?
    Attached Files

It's an air vent hole, float or float valve is stuck open, carb needs to be cleaned and rebuilt.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

I have the same problem with this carb. I have fuel pouring out of the vent hole when I prime the engine. Replace float or try to unstick valve? If it is the valve how do I unstick it? I took the carb off and doused the whole thing w cleaner and blew off with compressed air. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

The float valve should be removable, verify the tip is in good condition. Unfortunately cleaner does not help. You will need to completely disassemble and dip in the proper carburetor parts cleaner.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

that carb is a pain to get right

there is a float height and drop, it must be set right

Comment

Working...
          X