96 115 elpto main jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 115 elpto main jets

I have a 1996 115 hp elpto which I am rebuilding the carbs on and I threw all 4 main jets in the bucket of cleaner before I realized they were different sizes. There is one size 60, 2 size 62, and 1 size 64.....I am guessing the 2 size 62`s go in the middle 2 carbs but am not sure, could someone PLEASE tell me which jet goes in which carb. THANKS

Serial number 0G143417 and above then
    Carb number 1 use .066 jet
    2-.070 jet
    3-.070 jet
    4-.074 jet
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Serial # on my 115 hp is OG317432. I purchased this engine new in 1996 and the 4 main jets are 1-.060, 2-.062`s, and 1-.064 These are the jets that came in it....I am 100% positive because no one has ever touched the carbs on this engine but me. Anyway am I understanding you correct......the smallest jet goes in the #1 (top) carburetor.....and the largest jet goes in the #4 (bottom) carburetor? THANKS

Comment

The only thing I see in service manual that uses those jet sizes is 115 jet that has 51- carbs on it and they are
        1-0.062
        2-0.062
        3-0.060
        4-0.064
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Sorry but you now have me so confused I am afraid to put the carburetors back together since I do not know which jet goes in which carb. I was hoping for some advice from an experienced mechanic or at least someone who had worked on their carbs and knew which jet went in which carb. It looks like I will have time to figure it out since I ordered gaskets from this website 3 days ago and they haven`t even shipped yet.

Comment

Working...
          X