Switch box issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch box issues

I have a 84 mercury 150 black max 2 stroke the ignition is turning the starter but won't turn over . She has new plugs new coil packs but getting zero fire to them. I have traced power into the swithbox but nothing coming out. Do I need to replace both part#332-7778a13 any advice

If starter is not turning fast enough to engage flywheel then check battery(have it load tested), check battery cables and connections, if that is ok then starter may be bad. If don't have any spark on any of cylinders then could be problem with stop circuit(key switch, landyard switch or wiring), stator or both switchboxes bad.
    Last edited by boats.net; 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Check the kill switch wires....they attatch to each switch box and are blk/yellow...unhook them and try to start it. If it does start reattach the wires to kill the motor....this worked for me on a 1986 Merc 90hp inline 6...

Comment

Thanks for the info, unfortunatly I tried and it still won't start. But again thank
        you. If anyone else has any sugestions please feel free to throw them my way. If I figure it out I'll let ya'll know.

Comment

Working...
        X