Mounting Auxiliary Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Auxiliary Motor

I purchased a use mercury 8hp long shaft that I was planning to use as a kicker. I soon discovered that the opening on the transom is not large enough to install the kicker. I could mount it on the higher part of the transom (5 inches higher) but the lower unit may not sit deep enough in the water. My options, as I see them, are to install an auxiliary motor bracket on the transom, purchase a motor with an XL shaft, cut the transom or forget the entire project. I want to have the kicker setup for remote operation so taking it off for trailering is not an option (not to mention the strain on my back lifting 85 lbs.). Is there another option I should be considereding? Any suggestions?

Auxiliary motor bracket is usually the best option but need to have boat checked to see if upper part of transom will support bracket and motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Any particular mounting bracket you would recommend? I want to keep the kicker on the bracket during transport/trailering/

Comment

It would depend on where on boat bracket would have to be mounted but one that is retractable so can lift up for trailering probably would be best.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X