Merc 110 Impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc 110 Impeller

I recently received a '67 Merc 110. It has been stored for 30 years and is essentially new, probably less than 15 hours on it. I have started at the top and worked down. It starts easy but when I first started it, I noticed no water coming out of the tell tell hole. I removed the lower unit and opened the water pump and of course the impeller needed changing. I removed it and did not go back with the new impeller for a week. Like a dummy, I forgot to make note which way the blades were cupped. I put them in cupped to the left and when I finally got everything stabbed and lined up, it didn't pump water when I started it. I had a couple of bubbles come out of the tell tell hole but that was it, so I shut it down. I built me a flush hose and I have good flow coming out the hole and also down at the lower unit. I think possibly I guess wrong as far as which way the blades were cupped. I am going to take it back apart this weekend and try again. I haven't been able to find anything that shows which way the blades should be cupped. Can someone give me some guidance?

Thanks

Turn the drive shaft clockwise as installing water pump housing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X