Buy Mercury Parts
Buy Mercury Marine Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Normal operating temp. for 200 Merc. Optimax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal operating temp. for 200 Merc. Optimax?

What is the normal running water temp range for a 200 hp. Optimax?

The thermostats open at about 118 degrees and overheat alarm activates at about 180 degrees.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

So when I look at a water temp gauge. I should see the temp. get up to about 120 and then drop off some?

Comment

Normal range would be 120-180 degrees.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Bought a DDT scanner last week and hooked it up and watched the water temp on each head while it ran at an idle. Starboard head was always about 30-40 degrees hotter than the port head. Is this normal? I just installed the new 130* thermostats and covers. The other motor that I haven't installed the thermostats on also has this issue. The overall temp did not get as high on this motor, but the starboard head was still about 30* hotter than the port head.

The motor with the new thermostats ran with the starboard head at 150* and the port head about 110*. This does not seem right to me.

Also, what does the dash mounted temp. gauge get its reading from? The port or starboard head?

Comment

Woud a representative from boats.net be able to answer my questions?

Comment

Working...
            X