2000 mercury 60 hp 4stroke Big foot power trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 mercury 60 hp 4stroke Big foot power trim

The power trim on the motor works but the button on the handle in the boat does not. What wire could it be that connects for the power trim to work in the boat? The button on the motor works to raise and lower.
    I think it is probably a wire not connected but not sure?

The most common place for the wire to fail is at the base of the control handle. Pull the handle off of the box and look the wires over. Some of those control boxes require that you break the "neutral lock out" button to gain access to the nut that holds the handle in place. the other style uses a 5/32" allen screw in the base of the handle. I'm pretty sure you have the round latter style. I prefer the break it to fix it one, the part is cheap and most shops stock them. They are a lot easier to work on. Here's what you'll find Red wire is 12 Volts, fused and always powered. Blue is "up" (sky) Green is "down" (earth). If you don't have up or down my money is the red wire needs repair. The two yellow wires hanging from the back of the box are for the "needs to be in neutral" switch for the starter.

Comment

Working...
    X