Conversion from tiller to EZ stick steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion from tiller to EZ stick steering

I have a tiller steered 15 HP 4 Stroke, short shaft, electric start Mercury Outboard I wish to convert to a stick steering, and also hopefully remote the throttle, starter switch, and gear shift to the stick area. I'm putting this on a 16Ft Grizzly Aluminum fishing boat.

I also need to extend the shaft on this same motor as the cavitation plate is just at the waterline dockside. On today's first test run after installing the motor, it couldn't push the boat on plane and I could hear the prop cavitating.

I am looking for the parts I would need for such conversions (shaft and steering). Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks, bob

From the experience I've been through with my 2011 Mercury 90 hp four stroke that came with a 25 inch shaft, and I bought a boat with a 20 inch transom. Now, a 90 hp might be a bit more complicated but, thr cost your going to pay for the parts alone you cauldron buy a second motor for what you'll spend., I'd say, find a nice used motor set up the way you want it set up already, buy it, then just sell yours for what you paid for the other for. Sounds like a lot of money for all those parts new.

Comment

Working...
    X