25 hp Mercury 4 stroke not running right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 hp Mercury 4 stroke not running right

As the title of this thread says I have a 2009 25 hp Mercury 4 stroke outboard and it will run fine sometimes and other times it seems as if the throttle is not opened all the way and doesn't run very fast. Let me try to make this clearer if I can.
    Sometime, not all the time, my motor will seem as if it is only running at half speed even though I have the throttle opened as far as it will go. I have it on an aluminum 16' Polar Kraft john boat. When this happens it will only go approx. 11 or 12 mph and doesn't get off plane. When it does run fine I can usually cruise along at 24 to 25 mph. and it gets off plane fairly easy. I thought maybe the fuel system was clogged so I changed the filter and cleaned out the lines and other parts (not a mechanic so I can't name the parts).
    Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or might know what to do to fix it.

Thank you,
    Chuck Hutchison
    Houston, TX.

Sounds like one of the coils or injector is intermittent. Whats your serial number?

Comment

Sounds like your throttle cables may be moving check how you have them running make sure their not being bound up of something is pressing them.

Comment

Working...
      X