X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 HP 4 stroke long shaft

A few things...
    Newbie here - and this motor is a new-to-me
    I believe the motor to be an 03 but not completely sure.

At low speed idle no-load the motor seems to 'hunt' some at an idle. I've cleaned the carb but the problem persists. I was going to clean the carb one more time, this time replacing the float pin and bowl gasket and cleaning out all the jets one more time. Anyone have any input?

More importantly at an idle speed (no load) I sometimes hear a bearing squeal coming from around the cam but a stethoscope doesn't have the noise coming from the cam area? Kinda strange... I've taken the valve cover off and everything inside is well lubricated. At anything above an idle the engine sounds fine - anyone else hear of something like this or a common problem that has a squeal noise at no-load idle?

Also, parts listing for this engine [ser 0T820882] does not show a thermostat available - someone know a replacement? - I'm a firm believer in replacing those things every few years.

And more - This is mounted on a sailboat, it's a tiller model, I'd like to bring the controls in the cockpit and have been told there is a kit to do that - anyone know where I could find such an item?

And finally anyone have experience with a 4 blade thrust prop? I've been told that's the way to go for a sailboat.

Thanks in advance all
    Jan
Working...
X