No announcement yet.

Replacing temp sensor with temp gauge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing temp sensor with temp gauge.

Hi, please accept my thanks before hand for any reply's.

I have a 1996 115 hp and recently have had issues with the alarm. Had the motor turned up and they found a bad low oil alarm module, which was replaced. Now, the alarm keeps beeping when the ignition is turned on. I have a manual for my engine and followed the procedures for checking the high temp sensor. As the manual stated, if the alarm no longer sounds when the tan wire is disconnected from temp sensor, when the ignition is turned on, then the sensor is bad. It appears the sensor is bad.

I would like to replace the high temp sensor with a temp gauge. The problem is, when the tan wire is disconnected from the HTS, the alarm does not sound when the ignition is turned on. I am seeking help to bypass the HTS, but have the alarm work for all other alarms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The alarm system is ground seeking, disconnecting one sender shouldn't affect the others. Food for thought, you might want to repair the over temp system in addition to having a gauge. The horn will catch your attention faster than a pegged gauge. Most folks use a water pressure gauge.

Comment

When I disconnect the tan wire from the temp sensor the alarm does not give the two beeps to signal it is working properly when the ignition is turned on. Any suggestions as to why it does not sound? My reason for disconnecting the HTS is I am hard of hearing, but I like your idea to have both.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X