Recommend spark plug wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend spark plug wire

In changing plugs in my 1999 150 hp Optimax DFI I noticed a corroded wire boot. It's a 9 inch plug wire that goes straight into the coil box. I was informed to simply pull the wire from the box to disconnect. I did this and stripped the wire out of the brass fitting leaving the fitting in the mouth of the coil box opening. It can be grabbed with pliers but I'm not sure if I should pull on this too hard.

Secondly I'm trying to find a replacement wire but can only find kits and the end to the coil is angled. Mine is a straight shot into the coil

I found a Sierra wire 18-5227-1 that I think would work. Otherwise all I can find through Merc are kits for all six wires? I only need one. All others are in great shape

Can someone ease help me find the right wire for my engine or confirm the Sierra part? Thanks

Whats your serial number? Sierra makes good parts

Comment

Sierra plug wire

Ski, thank you and sorry for the late reply. The Sierra 9 inch wire worked so I'm all set.

Comment

Use iridium tip plugs, they are worth the extra $$$, there was a service bulletin on them. Also some of those motor had 120* thermostats in them and it cause the motor to foul the plugs. (another SB) Hope this helps, Ski

Comment

Working...
        X