Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 9.9HP constant running problem and a bit of back fire

Hello,
    I have had this boat for about three years. She starts right up and runs pretty well but when I run it full bore it will just shut down if I dont do anything. I did notice if I keep squeezing the primer bulb it tends to keep running. IS there anyway that this could be due to a stuck valve in the fuel line bulb? or is this a carb problem. I did notice after it starts and runs for a while the primer bulb is full of air and not fuel. Is the bulb always suppose to be completely full of fuel? and the motor always runs choppy (little back fire) when idleing. Any help, suggestions would be much appreciated.

The running out of fuel problem could be a bad fuel pump or fuel restricktion in fuel line or fuel tank, try a different tank and hose. The backfire and idle probably is a dirty carb, need to clean carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Can I buy a spray cleaner for the carb or will I need to take the carb apart and hand clean it for the back fire? is there a product our there that any one would recommend ofr a 2 stroke carb?

Comment

rebuild the crb
        the spray is a temp fix

Comment

Working...
        X