2006 75 HP Optimax Upkeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 75 HP Optimax Upkeep

So,, my 2006 75 hp Opti has a few years on it,, as far as hours,,,, geez,, not much, maybe be 60-70 hours a year,[ so less than 700 hrs ], it is on a Pontoon boat, so it does not work very hard, excellent as far as fuel consumption. The only thing I have done to this motor, since day one, is change lower unit oil every fall. Still has original plugs. I am thinking next spring,, to have the water pump replaced,,, just 'cause it will be pushing 9 years of use,,,,, I am too skeerd to do it myself,, so what else should I have the dealer clean up tune, replace, etc,,,,,

Spark plugs, fuel filters, oil filters, inspect fuel and oil lines, grease all fittings and prop shaft.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

its not hard to do the water pump and impeller. the problem i had was getting the lower unit in. you have to line up the shift shaft for the tranny and line up the powerhead with the driveshaft. i got it done, but had thoughts of letting someone else do it.

Comment

thanks guys,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have done water pumps on smaller motors,,,jus' a bit intimidated with this big motor,,,,,

Comment

Working...
        X