Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help please

I need some help.
    I have a 1998 force 120 outboard 120elpt and it runs out of gas at WOT.
    I have installed new carbs kits. Also the carbs are spotless. Installed a new fuel pump.
    All fuel lines are new and super tight with no leaks anywhere. I have a new fuel line and bulb with a 6 gallon tank off my other boat which will stay hard all day. So I start the motor and it runs fine bulb tight . Throttle in motor still runs great now full throttle motor runs about 2 mins and runs out of gas. Bulb no gas pump it up motor starts up runs great. Full throttle starts to die pull throttle back gas picks back up. Will run out of gas everytime. Will the crankshaft seals cause this problem?

Hi
    It doesn't sound like crankshaft seals. I would think if seals were bad it would be having other troubles and would not run good for 2 mins. Just a thought but how's the gas tank vent? Gas coming out air has to get in. It will run wide open until a vacuum is created in the tank until no more fuel can be drawn out. Engine dies air slowly enters tank you pump up ball and the process starts all over again. Try running wide open with your gas cap loose see if there's any difference. I definitely think it's a fuel issue otherwise the motor would run like crap all the time. Good luck :-)

Comment

I need help (FIXED)

Ok I have seen it all. As I said there is no leaks and a NEW FUEL PUMP.
      The problem was the new fuel pump. The front cover plate where there is a diapham and gasket was installed incorretly. The gasket was on the plate then diapham SHOULD BE DIAPHAM THEN GASKET. WHAT A NIGHT MIRE. Thanks Guys

Comment

Are you serious!!!!!!
        I take the time to try and help you and that's your response. Just ask the guys on here what happens when the vent in your gas tank gets plugged. I don't care if it's a brand new motor that vent gets plugged your done
        Have a great summer

Comment

Working...
        X