Help with a 25 h.P. tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a 25 h.P. tracker

Last year my 25 H.P. 1996 Merc. Tracker ran fine. This year I am having a problem with the fuel system. The motor will start after cranking for a short period of time and run at a fast idel but will then shut down. If I continue to pump the fuel ball it will stay running. I have replaced the fuel line from the tank to the motor and cleaned out the fuel filter altho it was not dirty. Still same problem altho it will run for awhile longer then before. I suppose my next move is to pull the carb and clean or service that. Any solutions would sure help.

Thank's

Bill Hurley

Sounds like the fuel pump is not doing it's job, If it's incorporated into the carb I would buy a rebuild kit and give it a good cleaning.

Comment

fuel pump rebuild

I did get a kit and tore the carb apart and rebuilt it with all new gaskets and a reset everything back in proper order and it still will do the same thing altho it will run for a longer period of time now before it dies out. I also got some fresh fule that has no ethl in it and went with all new hoses and fittings.

Thanks for you speedy ans.
      Bill
      Last edited by sgtbill; 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X