Need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions

I just ordered a new power-head for a 2000 model 50 hp Mercury engine. It has the automatic oiling which has always worked. Now people are telling me to disconnect that part and mix my gas and oil. When I was looking for a used engine I had a marine tech tell me the only way they would sell a used engine is they disconnect the auto oiling system. I do think that maybe leaving it like it came from the factory would be best but I would mix the first few tanks at 50/1 after I install the power-head . sure would hate to burn this new engine up by running it and not knowing if the oil injection was working or not? Other than the oil tank remaining full how would I know if the oil injection is working?I am sure it would not take long to burn this engine up if no oil was getting to engine. Thanks for any tips on this. Tom

Premix oil in gas until sure oil injection is working, mark oil level of oil tank to see if oil level drops after running a tank of gas through it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

I am guessing you do not like the idea of mixing and blocking off the oil injection?

Comment

It know oil injection is working good then leave it on, if any doubts remove it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X