Tachomter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachomter

Where can get a reliable tachometer for a 25 hp two stroke Mercury MY 2000 S/N 0T001321. it is a tiller steer with electric start with red stator. Parts book shows a tachomter connection near the switch box, but I do not see it on my motor. Service tool tach shows a cost of near $1,000.00 Does anyone know how to gat a tach that will work thats afordable? Thank you.

Tiller models don't have a gauge harness to easily connect to a tach, would be difficult to install a tach on it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Tach

If I get the service tool, where does it get it's signal? How does a Mercury repair shops adjust low and high idle speeds? Mercury service manuals do not show anything other than say to do it. I have several electrical tools that should be able to do the same if I knew where the signal is. I find common spark plug wire tachs unreliable. I like to do things right. I am a Mercury trained mechanic from the old days. 20 years in the Carl Kiekhaefer days. Thanks again.

Comment

Multi meters with rpm inductive clamp just clamps over spark plug wire. They are avialble from automovtive tool stores.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X