2005 Mercury 115hp Four Stroke EFI Not Charging, No Voltage output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Mercury 115hp Four Stroke EFI Not Charging, No Voltage output

The batteries are brand new and remain on trickle chragers. Started the boat up and idled it. I could see the voltage dopping on the meter. I also reved the engine to 1,700 rms which dropped the meter more. The engine has only been run a few times since last summer. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong. I called the local shop and they suggested the rectifier ($170). Not a bad price but i do not want to start replacing parts until i run across what is actually wrong. I did not do any other tests yesterday. It was already late and the boat is in the slip sp getting to the engine is a huge pain (On a pontoon with enclosed rear area). Anyone had the same problem or have any ideas? Unplugged the rectifier. Plugged it back in. Ran 14.5v for about 5mins. Rectifier heated up very hot and then voltage shut down.

Could be stator or rectifier, rectifier is most common failure. Only way to know is to test them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

That is why I was thinking also. Ordered the rectifier/regulator. Waiting on it to get here to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
      X