removing trim motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing trim motor

I was going to remove the trim motor from my 95 model 75 hp merc outboard, until I realized the big black plastic thing on the wires under the cowl cover wasnt a connector that comes apart to let the wires slide out. It doesnt look like it will be able to slide under the power unit. Or is there enough room to slide it out. Is there a grommet in the bottom of the motor housing that the cable goes thru, and does it have to come out with the trim motor cable? The cable must have been installed first then the powerhead over it.

any help here? does the power head have to be raised up to get this cable out?

Comment

Wires have to be removed from trim relay and pulled through grommet in lower cowling.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Mercury Outboard Parts
      MerCruiser Parts
      Force Outboard Parts
      Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes sir I have that part covered. But there is a fairly rigid plastic strain relief at the end of the cable covering where it goes to just 3 single wires. Is there enough room to weasel that out thru the grommet, or does the power unit have to be loosened and raised? Just by looking at it, it looks like a major problem, which is why I,m inquiring on this subject.

Comment

Wires don't come loose from trim motor, they come off of trim relay on engine.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Mercury Outboard Parts
          MerCruiser Parts
          Force Outboard Parts
          Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X