mercury 15 hp 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mercury 15 hp 4 stroke

I have a 2006 mercury 15 hp 4 stroke it will run great at half and full throttle but it will not idle, I have to give it a little gas and it will idle but its to high any help would be great thanks brian

You need to pull the carb and clean it, It's simple enough on those motors. It also might be the Idle fuel mixture screw has moved. Screw it in all the way (untill just seated, not tight) and back it out 1 1/2 turns, Start the motor and slow it down till it just stays running and adjust the mixture for the best speed. Them slow it down further and repeat till it's barely popping along, then set you idle to the desired speed. If you can't get a decent idle out of it pull the carb. You'll need to do the above after your done. Have fun with it and let us know how it comes out.

Comment

mercury 15 hp 4 stroke

I cant find the adjustment screw on carb

Comment

mercury 15 hp 4 stroke

ok, I first run some sea foam threw the motor and it helped but it still didn't want to idle so I took the carb off and clean it real good with gas and blew it out with air, runs like a top now thanks for the help

Comment

Glad it worked out, Thank you for the follow up. Ski

Comment

the screw os plugged up by a cap

EPA regulations

Comment

mercury 15 hp 4 stroke

can you get plug out to adjust

Comment

Working...
              X