Buy Mercury Parts
Buy Mercury Marine Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Mercury Optimax 90 -- Float level in VST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Mercury Optimax 90 -- Float level in VST.

Hello folks, please excuse if my post is a bit long, my question is sort of brief.

Recently I bought a boat with a 2006, Mercury Optimax 90, serial number 1B310968. And long story short, the fuel system was pretty gunky. So I did some testing / trouble-shooting, and ordered lots of parts from Boats.net. First I thoroughly cleaned the gas tank and replaced the fuel lines and primer bulb. Replaced the vacuum fuel pump outside the VST (the electric fuel pumps checked out ok). On the fuel rail, the air pressure regulator diaphragm was bad so I bought a new fuel rail. While going through the cleaning / repairing of the fuel system, I took the top off of the VST, removed the electric fuel pumps and cleaned some old yellowish-brown fuel crud from the bottom of the VST. The float in the VST was fine, but I did install a new needle valve. When I turn over the top of the VST, the float doesn't sit level with the top of the VST. So I tried to find specs on adjusting the VST float in my Mercury Optimax service manual and only found how to disassemble and re-assemble the VST.

**Question: Does anyone know if the float should rest level (or should the float rest at a slight incline?) when you turn over the top of the VST?

Thanks in advance, Joe H.

i looked in my technicians book, states nothing about it, but it should be level

Comment

Thanks, JUST-IN-TIME! My gut was telling me to level the float, but it's always better to get advice from a Master Certified Marine Technician.
      Last edited by GoBigDog; 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X