2006, Optimax 90 -- Tracker Valve??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006, Optimax 90 -- Tracker Valve??

Hello folks, first time poster, and I was referred here by the telephone parts representative. I recently bought a Tracker Nitro boat with a 2006 Optimax 90, serial no. 1B310968. The engine pops but won't start. I got a factory service manual and have been reading/learning.

Cleaned the gasoline tank well and refilled with ethanol free gas.

Installed a new primer bulb & last 4' of fuel line, connecting to the vacuum fuel pump on the outside of the VST.

Drained the VST & installed new fuel filter.

Got a new, 1000 MCA battery.

Fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the VST is ok.

At the schrader valve on the fuel rail, gasoline vapor was coming out of the air pressure regulator. Removed the fuel rail and disassembled the fuel and air pressure regulators.

**First question: Can I buy the diaphragms for the fuel pressure and air pressure regulators individually?

At the Boats.Net web site, I could not find separate parts numbers for the fuel pressure and air pressure regulators, so I looked up the part number for the fuel rail assembly = 895750T01.

**Next question: Does the fuel rail assembly (part no. 895750T01) come complete with the fuel injectors, pressure regulators, etc.? Also, are the air and fuel pressure regulators on the fuel rail pre-adjusted at the factory?

Also -- I've been reading on the internet about starting problems with Optimax engines being caused by faulty tracker valves / tracker valve diaphragms. But on my three-cylinder, 1.5L Optimax 90, I couldn't find a tracker valve. And I couldn't find a tracker valve in the parts diagrams for my engine on the Boats.Net web site.

**Therefore, last question: Does my Optimax 90 have a tracker valve, and if so where can I find parts for the tracker valve?

Sorry if this post is too long / too detailed, but I'm still new at Optimax repairs and need your help.

Thanks in advance!

Joe H.
    Last edited by GoBigDog; 02-21-2013, 03:37 PM. Reason: More questions..

No diaphram kits available would need new fuel rail assemble which will come complete with injectors and regulators.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

2006 Optimax 90, Tracker Valve...

Hello and thank you for the quick, informative answer about the fuel rail assembly on my 2006, Optimax 90.

And I have one more quick parts question: Does the 2006, three cylinder, 1.5L Optimax 90 engine have a Tracker Valve? I looked on the Boats.Net web site and could not find a diagram or parts listing for a tracker valve for my 90 hp Optimax (serial no. 1B310968).

Thanks again,

Joe H.

Comment

check this guy out

MERCURY OPTIMAX FUEL RAIL REPAIR

Comment

Hello, JUST-IN-TIME, and thank you for the info. I've been doing lots of reading about the Optimax 90hp, 1.5L engines and did find out that the 1.5L Optimax motors don't have tracker valves.

Also from what I've read, if you need to replace both air and fuel regulator diaphragms, there's not much difference in cost from buying a whole new fuel rail with injectors, regulators, etc.

So glad that I found this forum!

Comment

I use Pelican for my Opti diaphragms. Don't need the Injectors or new parts just the one rubber part. $300 is a lot cheaper than buying the whole new Rail. Also, the rubber they use is better than the Original. A saving is a saving.

Comment

Thanks, conchmech. And yes, agreed -- a savings is a savings. But at boats.net I can buy a complete new fuel rail for less than $600. And for me, having everything new for the cost of the two diaphragms is worth it.

I ordered the new fuel rail at boats.net for $579.56, with free shipping.
              Last edited by GoBigDog; 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM. Reason: Price edit for fuel rail, Optimax 90

Comment

alternative repair. Air Fuel Diagprhams

An Alternative repair,
                Dump Mercury idea, and go external:
                The Air regulator, passes out the port to the open air.
                Cover up the mercury design and use an external auto adjustable regulator
                on the open dumping air port.

The Fuel regulator passes fuel back to the VST, at this line cut in
                and use an adjustable auto regulator. Cover up the mercury attempt

now you have an engine, And Mercury is out nearly a $1,000 dollars
                We all must thank Mercury for their efforts.
                Mercury does not supply air / fuel regulators for any of their optimax's
                NOT JUST 99/00

Tune both to the air and fuel pressures required in the manual.

Check with your local Carb Shops, they know what they are talking about

Think of these items as pressure release valves. That is all they are.

Comment

You can buy the regulator diaphragms from thepelicanservices.com no need for design alterations which would be potential for problems.

Comment

Potential for trouble!!! Look > to get by I have had to reinstall my 175 EFI twice .1998 through 2007 all have the same problems NO PARTs from Mercury
                    When they do have, the price is ridiculous. It infuriates me that Mercury Management is wrecking havoc on their designers and dealers by NOT SELLING PARTS.
                    That is a serious Problem,.....

Comment

Working...
                    X