crankshaft shell size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crankshaft shell size

hi well after my last question on here about the oil pump weve come to an arrangment with mechanic.

so we got a secondhand crankshaft needs to be regind but not like the origanal one .

now what i need the help on is the sizes of the big end shells.

can anyone give me the spec sizes before i order and get the crank regrinded.

only thing i can find is the shells come in 3 different colour but we need to know what sizes the colours stand forso we can get it done to the next shell size, also as were goin threw the trouble of a rebuld i need the same info for the crankshaft casing shells also done in colours. there brown , black , blue.

motor is a 60hp mercury 4 stroke 2001 carb model. ot285580 60 elpt 4s

would rely apreciate the help if possible.

thanks
    Last edited by rodey; 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM. Reason: more info

You might want to get the factory shop manual if you are going to rebuild it you self. I'll agree it's not rocket science but there's a lot of goofy torques and color coding that you'll run into. My favorite is "Torque to X plus 40 degrees". You'll find those on the rod bolts as well as the head bolt.

Comment

hi ya we have all torqe settings and all that just need sizes of shellsnow to get this sorted. cheers

Comment

so heres what weve come to find out.
        mercury do 3 different bearings but not undersize just oversize for the con rod end .
        the crank cant be regrind as they never made undersize shells .
        so theres another for the scraper.
        what a waiste.

Comment

Working...
        X