'05 Mercury 150 Optimax alarm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 Mercury 150 Optimax alarm question

I'm getting 4 beeps every 2 minutes and solid alarm when revving past idle.
    I tried flushing the system with a hose. the water pressure gauge reads 10 psi and am getting a good stream from the tattle port. I installed a Racor water fuel separator and replaced the under-cowl filter. I bled the under-cowl oil reservoir but the alarm persists. Next I'm going to try a new oil reservoir switch and clean the large oil tank pick-up screen. If this doesn't fix it she' going to the shop for a diagnostic.

Low oil warning or water in fuel separator filter warning is 4 beeps every two minutes. If no oil to oil pump then will be constant alarm.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. I mixed in another brand of injector oil because it was low and that's all the boat shop had. I'll try draining my large oil tank, cleaning the pick-up screen and refilling with quicksilver DFI oil.

Comment

It was the under cowl oil reservoir. the magnet came un-glued from the float.
        I replaced the reservoir and the alarm stopped . seems like Mercury knows about this as there is a new replacement part number, (recall?)

Comment

Working...
        X