Power Tilt and Trim Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tilt and Trim Issue

Yesterday while installing depth finder my wife was sitting in drivers seat when suddenley trim started. She said she touched nothing. I think she leaned up against the switch? Dont know for sure. Was able to pull switch to up possition to stop the trim. Trim ran for 20 to 30 seconds in the down direction without the motor going down because of 2x4 block. If I released the switch from the up position it started running again. Had someone disconnect power while I held the switch in the up possition. Turned power back on and switch operated properly. Problem is that the trim motor sounds terrible now running slow and bogged down mainley up but also down when it hits the trim rams. Motor going up and down very slowley. Trim motor was hot to touch. I had had the 2x4 holding the motor in the trailering position rather than using the lever on the side of the motor that keeps the motor two high. When the trim turned on by itself, says the wife, the 2x4 stopped the the motor from going down all the way. So is the motor damaged, or could it be the brushes in the motor gone bad, or burnt. Havent tried trim up under load on the water, will do that today. The trim soloniods seem fine. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like you have overloaded the trim motor. could need a pump, could get away with brushes or a thorough clean.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X