Grease Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Question

I want to get opinions on the Quicksilver 2-4-C grease and comparisons to automotive lithium grease. I am doing my winterization on a new Lund Rebel with Mercury 50 HP outboard.

Being conscientious, I bought every product recommended in the Mercury maintenence and storage instructions and I followed their directions. I did everything recommended in the winterizing sticky on this forum.

My grease gun had Lubrimatic lithium based grease because that's what I use on my cars and other equipment. To prevent cross-contamination, I bought another midget grease gun to load with the 2-4-C grease.

I bought a three-pack of the 3-oz Quicksilver 2-4-C Teflon grease cartridges at the lofty price of $25.99. This amount of grease usually costs about $6.00. I don't mind paying a high price as long as the grease is worthwhile because this grease should last a long time since I only plan to use it on the boat and trailer.

My question: Is the Quicksilver 2-4-C grease really that much better than automotive grade lithium grease? Should I take the trouble of using two different kinds of grease, one for marine and another for automotive or should I simplify and just use the automotive grease for everything?

Quicksilver grease is designed for marine applications. I recommend sticking with the marine 2-4-C grease.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X