remote throttle and shift fot a 2003 6 hp 4s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote throttle and shift fot a 2003 6 hp 4s

I have a 2003 6hp 4 stroke or030701 manual rope start that I want to change from a tiller to a remote throttle and shift. I just don't know which remote control I need and attaching kit. I don't think I need part #40 Harness assy. of the attaching kit because I think that was in my charging kit that I have, and I won't need the #1 steering hook because I aready have steering for it. What do you think?
    Last edited by rustyscuppers; 10-05-2012, 11:13 PM.

Would need
    803583A 2 Remote Conversion kit
    881170A 4 Side mount remote, manual start models

also need two 850716A__ (replace __ with length needed)cables
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

On the attaching kit you suggested the one without the tiller plug. Does this kit allow the tiller to still be functional? And the the remote is not even listed for my motor ( so I couldn't see why you listed it ) , and why would I need one with a ignition switch when it a manual start (no starter)? I do appreciate you taking the time to help, I just need to understand the system more. Thanks

Comment

Well I saw what 881170A-4 remote control look like and will probably go with the 881170-8 with no wiring cause I just don't need all that wiring or additional cost, all I want is to control the shift and speed from the helm.

Comment

That should work perfectly then.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Mercury Outboard Parts
          MerCruiser Parts
          Force Outboard Parts
          Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X