3.5 mercury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 mercury

ihave 3.5 hp mercury 1983-85.at full throttle it slips out of gear and when ideled back down it will go back into gear .3/4 throttle works great .also how do you fill the gear box witth grease or oil,i can only find 1 screw on the back side,i took out the screw and a little water came out is all.one more question ,the gear select has nuetrall ,forward and has 2 more clicks ,any ideas? thanks for any info

You should only have reverse, neutral and forward. Verify that your shift adjustments are correct and are moving the entire range. There should be two screws one high and one low, you fill from the bottom screw. Be sure to replace those drain plug seals.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

3.5 mercury

i replaced the oil in the lower unit, but only found one screw under the engine cylender where the gear box is .what is that screw for.and the motor spins around for reverse,still baffeld about the gear select lever.any ideas why it pops out of gear at full throttle .thank you again

Comment

number 27 is the top screw, number 29 is the bottom.

1984 Mercury Marine Mercury Outboard 1003204 GEAR HOUSING (DRIVE SHAFT) Diagram and Parts

Sounds like you may have a defective clutch spring or retainer.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X