Starter Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Switch

I just recently purchased a 1994 Mercury 25 hp model# 1025312P serial # ogo10875 and the motor did not come with a factory installed starter switch. It appears that one of the previously owners removed it and replaced it with a push type switch and is connected to the motor by two wires. I want to install the original switch and when i look at the parts list i'm not sure what exactly i need. The motor will start with the thrid party switch but its not water proof and i the wires are about two feet long. Would appreciate any help.

Is this a tiller handle model with start switch on motor? If so then number 3 in this link is start switch, https://www.boats.net/catalog/mercur...lectric-handle.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

It is a tiller handle and it looks like the starter button was on the front of the motor next to the throttle. I looked at that switch but ai didn't see how it would be mounted securely in the opening. Is there a bracket that holds the switch in place? Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

I have another question if you don't mind. It has to do with the swivel bracket assembly. My motor was missing the Shallow Water TROLL Tilt Lever so i purchased what i thought to be all of the parts. When i went to install them, i noticed that I'm missing BRACKET part #12756. I looked at the diagram ( https://www.boats.net/catalog/mercur...acket-assembly ) and i don't see how to attach the bracket to swivel bracket assembly.

Comment

The top and bottom cover holds start switch in place. The pin number 33in diagram holds the Bracket(#12756) in place to swivel bracket.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Mercury Outboard Parts
          MerCruiser Parts
          Force Outboard Parts
          Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X