1985 20hp thunderbolt outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 20hp thunderbolt outboard

hay,recently I brought this 20hp outboard.For some reason? it is VERY slow.It is on a 12.6ft fyran and at full rev it isnt even plaining.I have try tighting the cabel,new plugs,ajusting idle.One evening I took it out,for some reason not known to me.It got up and flew.But it didn't run very well on idle and after about 3-4mins it just died.Then the next day discovered the fuel line from the tank had torn off.Once fixed it started again,but was slow again.So I deliberatly disconnect the fuel Line the next time but nothing changed??????????????

try clean up carb first

Comment

ya we will give it a go this weekend an let ya know how we get on.

cheers

Comment

good luck, anyway its that a new engine? give me that engine serial no.

Comment

It is a 1985.
          P.S. can you supply a service manual so i can do maintainence on the engin as the guy i got the boat from never had one

Comment

check with your local dealer, and it will cost u money my friend. your local dealer has right to get it from mercury/ MPI local distributor.

Comment

yankee wants a million buks for a service manual
              thieving S O B
              y do you wnt serial number for

we cleaned carby but boat wont start now
              we still have a bit of mukin about to do on the motor but at this stage the moter isnt gonna fire
              will keep you posted as you are the only one who knows wats goin on

thanx

Comment

No idea why it wont start.We took carb off and clean 3 jets.They didnt even look dirty.Put carb back together,went to start.but wouldnt fire?got spark..

Comment

read your private msg

Comment

pulled an cleaned carby but bout still runs like shit. not sure whether its diaphragm or gasket

Comment

Working...
                    X