225 optimax fuel restriction problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 optimax fuel restriction problem

I have a 2008 optimax 225 that at cruising speed {4000 rpms} or wot acts like it is running out of fuel.after reducing rpms to around 2000rpms for 30 seconds or so if will run fine up to wot for 15 to 20 seconds and then start starving for fuel again.I have replaced fuel lines,bulb and water seperator {external} filter.During this time of running at cruising speed you can pump the bulb at a leisurely pace and motor runs perfect at all rpm ranges.Could it be filter in vapor canister?Any help would be appreciated..

Sounds like the fuel supply pump. This is the mechanical fuel pump that supplies fuel to the vapor separator/high pressure pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

2008 optimax fuel problem

Would the engine still run okay at a hard idle with a heavy load?Also the pump you are refering to is the low pressure pump?It also cranks and idles with no issues.Sorry to be so thorough just trying to solve this problem myself.

Comment

2008 opti fuel starvation problem

Anyone got any thought if this motor with bad supply pump would crank,idle and run great up to 2000 rpms.The gas starvation issue comes at planing {3500} up to wot.But if I pump bulb at plaining and wot there is no starvation of fuel..I just need a little advise on this problem.Thanks

Comment

Make sure your not sucking air anywhere, this will cause fuel supply problems.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Mercury Outboard Parts
          MerCruiser Parts
          Force Outboard Parts
          Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Not sure of the high pressure fuel pump specs but do a test and see if it is within specs??
            Had a 225EFI with a bad regulator.
            EVERYONE said the regs don't go bad,mine did.Spent weeks looking?

Comment

try bypassing the external fuel filter/water seperator. They are not really recommended on Optimax and are known to be a potential source of fuel restriction.

Comment

Working...
              X