Idling problem with Mercury EFI 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling problem with Mercury EFI 115

Purchased a boat from an individual who said boat ran fine. We ran the 2006 Mercury 115 EFI outboard on the cuff and it ran great. Put it on the lake and made several fast laps and then went to idle zone. About 5 min. in the idle zone the boat started sputtering and then it died. We restarted and it kept doing it. There was a bulb pump on it and if we squeezed the bulb, then it'd get gas and we could go for a while before it sputtered again. It has actually died on us and the battery (which is brand new) was dead. This has happened to us twice.

We have done the following: Put on a new line and bulb pump (which we were told shouldn't even be on the outboard)and , new fuel filters, we are in the process of replacing the air filter because the filter was bad. We also had a line put inside the fuel supply module. The mechanic used a weed eater fuel line and attached with zip ties. Now we can't even go fast.

We are heading out on vacation with our boat in a week and are at a loss at what needs to be done to fix the boat.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Check the fuel pressure should be around 40psi. If you pump the primer bulb and the motor stays running, then you could have a bad fuel pump or too much restrictions in the fuel line.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Idling problem with Mercury EFI 115

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2006 75 HP EFI. Runs fine cold, then runs fine all around the lake, but once I go back down to idle it dies in about 5 minutes. Pumping the bulb primer in the gas line fixes it for a few minutes. Did you get yours fixed? I'm having the fuel supply module looked at next week. Hopefully we will find the problem.

Comment

may try a different gas tank had a new tank that eat me alive never did figure what was wrong with it changed tanks and problem went away....????

Comment

Originally posted by Randy28 View Post
          I'm having the exact same problem with my 2006 75 HP EFI. Runs fine cold, then runs fine all around the lake, but once I go back down to idle it dies in about 5 minutes. Pumping the bulb primer in the gas line fixes it for a few minutes. Did you get yours fixed? I'm having the fuel supply module looked at next week. Hopefully we will find the problem.

i just replaced the valve on top of the fuel tank ($1.50). I did this after i was told the fuel pump needed replacing ($600).

Comment

Working...
          X