115 Mercury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 Mercury

I have a Mid 80's 115 mercury and it will run fine for a few minutes then it will start slowing down till it goes around five miles per hour and bogs. If I put it in neutral it will rev up fine. The one thing i cannot figure out is that it does fine out of water in gear. I replaced all the fuel lines and the fuel filter. This still didn't help so i replaced the bulb and this didn't help as well. I also checked the gas tank for bad gas and resedue. any suggestions?

Probably needs carbs cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

we cleaned the carbs and didn't rely see anything that would cause a problem. Could it have a coil bad or a spark plug bad. It will only go up to about 2000 rpms, then it just stays steady at that. It won't plain out or anything.

Comment

I have the same problem! huh?

heres my post:

http://www.mercurypartsus.com/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=000202

Comment

change trigger

Comment

I have a 115 mid 80's. At times it will run on 3 cylinders. I have replaced the stator coils and the switch boxes. It appears that there are multiple versions of these parts. Is there a cross reference of stator version number vs switch box version?

And how about that electronic timing box with three leads. Should it be removed?

What is the service history on these beasts?

Comment

Working...
            X