30 Hp Merc 4 stroke (yr 2000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Hp Merc 4 stroke (yr 2000)

I don't have a butterfly type choke but it looks like an electric primer of some sort that sprays into the top carb. Question is, how does it work? I push on the key just like the solenoid type butterfly choke when I start but the primer does not react in any way. The only way I can start the engine is by giving full trottle several times prior to turning the key, this actually sprays gas in the carbs. Thanks guys

The choke primer allows extra fuel to carbs when cranking and only when engine is cold. The throttle has to be at idle position for primer to work properly. When you pump the throttle lever it is using the accelerator pump to pump gas into carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

I know that the accelerator pump is doing it's job but my choke primer doesn't do anything. Is there a fuse or ??? in the system I should be looking for?

Comment

U press button at electric prime solenoid instead of pressing ignition key. in order to do that, makesure that ignition key is on. if its work, change ignition switch, if not then change electric prime solenoid...

Comment

Working...
        X