9.9 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 2 stroke

I have a mercury 9.9hp 2 stroke tiller no elec start mid 90's and I am looking to change it from a 9.9 to 15hp. I have been online and I see carbs for sale that are for 6,8,9.9,and 15HP engines so Not sure changing the carb is my answer? is there a restriction plate or something that has to be removed to get the full power out of this engine? I can't see a 6hp carb doing the same thing as a 15hp can any one help me on this? I just can't see selling my 9.9 to Buy a 15 when I am the original owner of the motor and I know what I have and don't want someone elses junk?

We don't make any horsepower conversions here and not sure if would be possible or not.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

The 15 and the 9.9 are the same size and weight for starters and they share the same size engine block as far as I am aware of. I know that in the past Johnsons just had a carb change and that would remove the 9.9 restriction on the motor same for a 2000 tohatsu(Nissan) that I had. So can anyone tell me if there really is a difference on the carb or with the exhaust system of these 2 stroke Mercs. With the carbs the same on both engines are the 9.9's just toned down with a simple adjustment of the throttle screw like on an ATV thub throttle for a kids atv? I have purchased Parts for my motors from Boats .net before so tell me since I am willing to buy parts what will I need or what do see in the motor schematic that would be different between the 2 motors that would change this? my motor is around a 1997. i believe the serial # is
      OGO7---- cant remember the rest not at home at the moment. anyone who may have ever upgraded the motor before please let me know what you did.

Comment

Working...
      X