60 hp EFI fourstroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 hp EFI fourstroke

My motor starts and runs fine. Then I'll stop n fish a spot restart the motor only to have it run rough I let it set 20 min start it up and it runs fine? I have changed the plugs but I'm thinking it's a fuel problem? The motor is A 2002 or 2003 #0T615754 #1A60412AN.Any help would be greatly appreciated .
    Last edited by MWooten; 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM. Reason: Running rough

It could be a fuel problem, however I recommend check spark on all cylinders while it is acting up. If spark is good, then start checking fuel. While acting up, check fuel pressure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Can I check the spark on the water as it's acting up and if so how do I go about that ? I have two fuel filters on this motor .One looks like a water separator. The other is an inline filter. My question is on the inline. Do I need to remove the coil assemble to get to this filter? And if so do i need a special tool to remove the fuel line.

Comment

Yes you can check the spark on the water. Just hook your spark tester up the same way as on land. The inline filter is your high pressure filter, be sure to remove the pressure prior to removing filter. The filter is self is simple, there are clips on both sides, just push in on the clip and pull the hose off. No special tool should be required. If it is easiest for you to remove the coil then do so.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

I use a timing light to look for spark, it allows me to see the cylinder fire when under load. The voltage required to jump the gap goes up expediently as the manifold pressures increase (more throttle). It sounds like you might have a problem with heat soaking of the ignition components. Use the light on the water and try to find the failed cylinder. I would start with swapping the coil with it's mate (if you can) and the condition of the wires off the trigger for condition. tugging on them might reveal a broken wire. My bet it's the coil. If you can see the cylinders firing then peruse the fuel system

Comment

Working...
          X