Need to find a mechanic for 1975 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find a mechanic for 1975 115

None of the shops around Cincinnati Ohio will even work on my vintage 1975 115 Mercury but I really would like to get her going again. She's been in the garage for 10 plus years but worked fine when she went to bed. I tried to get her to start last summer but didn't get very far when I saw that the timing belt had broken while trying to get her started. My plans are to sell the boat this summer (it's an 18' wooden Thompson) so I need it running by August. If any of you know of somebody within a few hundred miles of Cincinnati that can get her running please let me know.

You might check for dealers on Mercury's web site to see if any of them can help you, Mercury Marine
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

easy fix ! find a mechanic willing to work on the motor. don't spend too much .the timing belt is an easy fix . remove flywheel (merc flexplate puller) and set every thing back in the same EXACT position it came off. get a service manual and take your time. and buy the parts here
      Last edited by merc500; 01-29-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I'll agree. Find an independent boat shop. We love older motors and the belt is an easy job, I would have the carbs cleaned and the filters replaced. All those years of sitting are going to clean out and cause problems it you run E-10, Start fresh and it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X