Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Mercury outboard throttle grip removal

Hi,

I have a broken plastic bushing that sits between the throttle arm and the motor. I can only imagine I need to remove the tiller arm to get the bushing off to replace it.

So far, I've been able to take off the two screws that hold on the Plate-Tiller handle, the Retainer, and Throttle Knob. This has allowed me to pull the Tiller Grip back somewhat but I'm not sure how to get the grip off.

It seems to me, in order to get the plastic bushing off I'm going to need to take off the the grip.

Is my logic accurate?

Your assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

What is the serial number of the unit you are working on.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

The serial # is 0G148511. Thanks!

Comment

Any idea on how to get the throttle grip off now that I supplied the serial number?

Comment

I am uncertain what bushing you are trying to replace. If you are replacing the bushing for the tiller arm bracket to motor, you do not need to remove the grips. Just un hook the cables at the motor, remove the 2 screws and slide off. I do not see anyother bushings available for the throttle on the handle. However the handle should pull straight out (will be difficult as tiller tube has one way tabs) after the handle is removed the assembly should drop down.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Mercury Outboard Parts
          MerCruiser Parts
          Force Outboard Parts
          Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X