Hydraulic trim pump oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic trim pump oil leak

I added the Mercury power trim/tilt kit (850700A2) to my 25 hp Merc outboard this past winter and it works perfect. Upon returning from vacation last month I noticed a small amount of hydraulic oil present at the base of the hydraulic pump (832021A9). The four bolts that hold the pump to the pump bracket are tight as well as the hydraulic line fittings and the pump fill and drain o-rings are secure and snug. I suspect the seal between the pump and the pump bracket needs replacing and according to Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts the seal I would need is part of the Driveshaft kit (809877A1). After sitting overnight there is just enough hydraulic oil visible on your thumb after swiping it across the pump base and it makes no difference if the outboard is trimmed all the way in or tilted all the way up. Has anyone else ever had this problem? The tilt/trim works perfect and if I continue using it after checking the oil level is there a risk of water getting into the system? Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Your best alternative is to replace the seal.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok thanks for your feedback

Comment

Working...
      X