1995 Mercury 6 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Mercury 6 hp

This is my first thread and I hope I have not duplicated a recent thread. But basically I wondered what the difference is (other than about 50 bucks) in a water pump kit and simply an impeller and key. Is there a series of gaskets or grommets ,or O rings that must be replaced when the lower unit is dropped to replace the impeller ? I have a manual but I did not see where it idenified gaskets or any O rings, if someone could advise me on this or idenify any other part I should order other than the impeller and key such as a shaft seal?

Thanks...

More parts

The bigger pump kits usually give you, impeller, key, Top pump shell, bottom pump plate or plates, all gaskets needed tube hook up. Some kits have more some have less depending on make an model. I have replaced impeller only before. With my boat having a pump pressure gauge i am able to see pressure. With the impeller only my pump did not make enough pressure. After installing new complete pump my pressure came up to were it was suppose to be.

Comment

6 hp merc

Thanks for the information...so if there is a gasket between the lower unit and the housing it connects to that gasket would be included as well?

Comment

There is no gasket between the lower unit and the midsection.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X