Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Mercury 200 HP, won't take power

Hi to all,
    I've got a '94 200 HP carburated Merc I'm having trouble with and I'm hoping to get a little info here. While out on the water a couple of weeks ago we ran into a problem. We got out without any trouble, but after making a couple of move I started her up and the engine was revving high, around 2200 rpm's. I pushed the button on the side of the control and revved the engine a bit and when I put it back at idle it seemed ok, we made another move and shut her off. Next time I started it I could not get the engine to go below 2000 rpm, so we limped in to the dock, also shifting was very difficult with the rpms being so high.
    Since this has happened we've had two mechanics work on the engine with no luck. Both have tried adjusting the timing, new plugs, checked ignition system and tried a a different fuel line, primer and even used a portable tank of pre mix. We disabled the oil injection last year after the oil pump gear failed. The mechanic who has it now has removed the carb's saying he noticed a milky condensation in and on the carb's. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
    rfav21
Working...
X