lower unit parts 60hp 3 cyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower unit parts 60hp 3 cyl

Hi guys, I posted this in the mariner section, but since its essentially a grey mercury i figured i'd post it here too. seems to be alot more traffic on this side of the forum.

I have a 60hp mariner. 3 cyl. serial 6429644. essentially a grey mercury. ordered all bearings and seals from boats.net to rebuild the lower unit, and a few parts do not fit, although they are correct based on the engine serial #.

Looks like the lower unit was swapped out at some point with one of a different vintage.

the # cast into the lower unit between the water pump and trim tab is 1643-4930. i googled this and it appears to be a 1974 vintage.

i need the drive shaft timken bearing that is directly beneath the water pump because the one i got is simply too big.

a complete water pump kit with the drive shaft seals, because where it seals the drive shaft is too big and will not fit into the housing.

and the last seal on the prop shaft. both on this unit are the same OD, and the one i received had the stainless housing and fishing line cutter and will not fit because of the larger OD.

can anyone help to steer me towards the correct part #'s?

Thanks,
    Mike
Working...
X