fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel problem

I just bought a new boat with a 2011 Mercury 40 hp efi. I had it in the water for 20 min when I started having problems. I have had it in the shop (still in ) twice. What the dealer is telling me is thar Mercury is having a fuel pump problem with some of their motors. My question is that when I have a problem with the pump I can turn the engine off and then right back on and the problem goes away for a while then comes back. It seems to be resetting itself. Is this related to the fuel pump? Does anyone have an idea on what is happening. Thanks.

Hard to say without looking at it, Have they tried another fuel tank (besides yours).

Comment

I don't think they have. They tell me they are going to replace the fuel pump but it is on backorder. Wonder how long that's going to be? I've had the boat 6 weeks and it's been in two different shops for 3 weeks and counting on this brand new motor. Not very happy with Mercury right now.

Comment

Wish I could help you, Merc is still a good company.
        Hang in there.

Comment

call mercury direct and press them , mybe you dealer isn', if it was my dealer that engine would have off boat now!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i would be pissed.

Comment

I called Mercury in Wisconsin. The first guy I talked to told me he would look into it and let me know. He didn't. I called again and this time I got a woman who actually understood my frustration. I told her I thought the dealer was putting me off. She told me she would look into it and get me some answers. Within 20 minutes she called back and told me the part is indeed on backorder and would not be in until the end of June. I then called my dealer. He told me that Mercury just called him. I said I was coming to get my boat until the part came in. He then told me to wait a couple of days so he can work on my motor to get it running better for me until I bring it back. Mercury must have given them shit. They took 2 weeks to look at it the first time with no end in sight to looking at it right away and trying to fix it. The guy at the dealer I had talked to several times before seemed to be much more helpful. Even his tone of voice changed. Funny what a little pressure will do.

Comment

Working...
            X