what year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what year

I just bought a 25 hp merc moter for use as a kicker. I would like to do a full service to it, but do not know what year. serial #5720518. any help would be great.

www.maxrules.com has a listing that you can match your serial number to and find what year it is.

Comment

I'm new to this forum and have basically the same question about "What year?". I went to that site (www.maxrules.com) but could not find the section with the tool to imput your serial number. If you could tell me where it is I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Comment

pies.....sure hope you come back with info to find "what year". i cant find where on site to get the information. thanks.......nates

Comment

hey im new here also,,bought a 14' stumpknocker boat with a 50 hp merc. motor is not hooked up. serial # is 5832673. i would like to know the wiring harness hook ups. in the cable is a Red, (thicker wire), grey,black, brown, purple, black w/yellow tracer, yellow w/red tracer,, yellow w/black tracer.these are the electronic control wire harness. also out of the engine is the fat black and red battery wires, they are explanitory.which one of the harness goes to ignition???starter? etc???? I want bench run this motor (with ears on) but dont know how to hook it up. really dont know the year of the motor, the boat is 1977. On the covers, Mercury is spelled in all capitals, and blue and silver scheme, "50" is in red. actually i want to down size to a 15 - 25 tiller engine. thanks- Nick

Comment

Working...
          X