optimax smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimax smoking

Just bought a 2005 seadoo islandia with a 250 optimax. Boat has no problems except it smokes. Never at idle but it smokes intermittently under throttle. I had the dealer put in what he said was the proper oil, but around here I haven't found any optimax DFI oil, just the outboard oil that says on the back it will work with DFI. So since the opti injects oil into the crankcase I'm wondering if this oil could be sticking to the cylinders and burning in the combustion chamber. Also this opi seems to use a lot of oil compared to my other opti (200 jetdrive) I used about half a galon of oil to about 15 galons of gas. So i'm not sure if its over oiling. I know a broken reed on this motor could possibly make it smoke, but it runs great. The smoke is a white color. It was at the dealer for a bad coil, and I had them check it out, but they said it didn't smoke for them. If the oil gets injected into the crankcase, how does it get expelled without getting burned somehow in the combustion chamber. They did a compression check and said it was great, so could the oil be sneaking by the rings causing this or if the compression check is good that the cylinders and oil rings are good too? I was a auto mechanic for 17 years so I know my way arround motors but I need help learning how the opti works. Thanks
Working...
X