Antique stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique stuff

Last year I picked up a red stripe 1963(?) 50 hp 4 cylinder 2 stroke. It ran fine until the kids managed to keep the motor lower end in the water all summer. That managed to wash out all the oil and run straight water. I used it once to move a floating dock, and it ground up the Timken bearing on the input shaft, taking with it the water pump.
    Now the fun part; Ive checked with all the usual suspects for parts, and my serial number matches NOTHING. Some guy in Albany, Ga. this morning said it may be an international model. Does anyone know how the heck to decipher/decode the numbers so I can order some seals and pump gaskets?
    The serial number is on a tag AND stamped into the case next to the starter motor reads: 309 7638. Theres nothing even close on the parts lists. Any direction or advice is well appreciated. I also picked up a 50 hp BLUE stripe motor and few parts are interchangeable. I.E. longer main shaft, gear spacing etc. Please send the mounties! feel free to PM or email me at
    yachtsman36@charter.net I don't know how often the gerbils will spool up for a good internet connection LOL Bill in TR

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 08-18-2014, 08:57 PM.
Working...
X